- The reduction in turnover in the canning industry at current prices is worsening more rapidly in the third quarter of 2009 and reached 25.3% as compared to the same period of 2008. For the first nine months of 2009 the turnover decreased by 23.8%.
- Production in the third quarter was 38.2% lower (32.4% reduction in the first half of 2009). The decrease the first nine months is 34.3%.
Domestic Market Sales
- Import continued to increase but at a slower pace (1.8%) in the third quarter of 2009. During the first nine months the increase is 6.9%.
- Export in the third quarter decreased by 5.1%, in the January-September period the reduction is by 9.6%.
- Growth of foreign trade in the third quarter comes mainly from export and as a result the positive trade balance is higher by a third. During the first nine months, however, the growth of imports is around 2 times bigger, which leads to the balance being negative by EUR 847 thousand.
ContentsI . MAIN MACROECONOMIC INDICATORS
- In the third quarter, the sampled companies sold more sterilized fruit cans and frozen vegetables on the domestic market. Sales of all other products, included in the abbreviated nomenclature, are lower.
- The producers, included in the sample, sold more only sterilized fruit and frozen vegetables in the first nine months.
1.1. Third Quarter (Q3`2009)
1.1.2. Gross Domestic Product
1.1.3. Foreign Trade
1.1.4. Foreign Direct Investments
1.1.7. Labour Expenses of Employers
1.1.8. International Tourism
1.2. First Nine Months (IX`2009)II . MAIN TRENDS IN THE SECTOR
2.2. Foreign Trade
2.3. Domestic Market SalesIII . PRODUCTION
3.1. Third Quarter
3.2. First Nine Months
3.2.1. Canned and Processed Vegetables
3.2.2. Canned and Processed Fruits
3.2.3. Fruit and Vegetable JuicesIV . IMPORT - EXPORT
4.1. Foreign Trade Balance
4.1.1. Third Quarter
4.1.2. First Nine Months
4.2.1. Third Quarter
4.2.2. First Nine Months
4.2.3. Processed and Canned Vegetables
4.2.4. Processed and Canned Fruits
4.2.5. Fruit and Vegetable Juices
4.3.1. Third Quarter
4.3.2. First Nine Months
4.3.3. Processed and Canned Vegetables
4.3.4. Processed and Canned Fruits
4.3.5. Fruit and Vegetable Juices
4.4. World Trade (Q3’2009)
4.4.2. ExportV . DOMESTIC MARKET
5.1. Third Quarter
5.2. First Nine MonthsVI . COMPANIES FROM THE SECTOR
6.1. Top Companies from the Sector by Profit
6.2. ISO Certified Companies
6.3. HACCP Certified Companies
6.4. GS1 Members
6.5. Public Companies from the Subsector
6.5.1. Kyustendilski Plod JSC – Kyustendil
6.5.2. Florina Bulgaria JSCVII . COMPANY - DIGESTVIII . APPENDIXESIX . INDEX OF CHARTS AND TABLES